A Moment in the Covid-19 World by Cathy Horn

A small moment
Larger than Life
Short in duration
Yet everlasting.

We hadn't seen each other in 22 days
The longest we'd ever been apart.
She yelled when she saw me,
"MeMa's HERE!!!"
I heard her through the glass.

I saw her through the glass
Smiling and jumping
Giggling and screeching
Joy exuding from her little body
All because of me.

I made silly faces and
Sang our silly song
I showed her a gift I brought
to be left by the door
Retrieved later by her Mommy,
My precious daughter,
Once she dons a
Mask and
Gloves
And sprays it with disinfectant.

We pretended to hug
And then we kissed.
I imagined the glass wasn’t there.
Yes, I felt her through the glass.
Her love coursed through my veins
Enough to sustain me for a little while
And I hope that she felt the same.

A small moment
Larger than life
Short in duration
Yet everlasting.




Cathy Horn and her granddaughter visiting through the window

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protecting your intellectual property with Authors Guild general counsel Cheryl L. Davis Feb 20th at Perrot Library